Learn about the dark days of the Khmer Rouge regime. Visit Prison S21 and the Cheung Ek Killing Fields, where thousands were imprisoned and killed.
Choose between a morning or afternoon 5-hour of the Killing Fields and the Security Prison S21. Start with a ride to the Genocide Museum (also known as Prison S21) and listen to English commentary en route.
The prison comprises 4 buildings with exhibitions in several rooms. Prison survivors are sometimes present to talk to visitors and share their experiences. After an hour and 15 minutes at the museum, meet the tour assistant at the main entrance to continue the tour.
During a 40-minute drive to the Killing Fields, see a documentary on the Khmer Rouge regime. There will be around 1 hour and 15 minutes to explore the site. An audio guide is available in 15 languages along with a map of the fields.
• Please note that this is not a guided tour, you will only receive assistance from your tour assistant
• Please bring small currency notes with you to pay for the fees
• Security Prison S21: entrance – $5 per adult; $3 for 12-18 years with ID; audio guide – $3 per person; in-house guide – $2 per person
• Killing Fields: entrance – $3 per adult, free for children under 12 years; audio tour – $3
• The tuk-tuk stops at S21 for 1 Hour 30 Minutes
• It is recommended to use the highlights audio guide (50 mins, numbers printed red) at Prison S21. If you decide to take the audio tour, please start the tour soon after you arrive
• The extensive audio guide at Prison S21 is 1 Hour 45 Minutes and is not suitable for this tour; if you want to spend more time at the museum, please arrange your own private tour