Discover the time-honored tradition of making Cambodian ceramics during a pottery workshop in Siem Reap — a perfect family activity. An expert artist demonstrates methods of molding pieces on a pottery wheel, then helps you shape your own bowl and create Khmer designs with the proper carving tools. Your masterpiece will be ready for pickup after 3 days, along with a potter's diploma. This 1.45-hour experience includes hotel transport by tuk-tuk.
- Learn the hard of pottery making using a traditional Khmer tools
- Enjoy hands-on direction from a ceramic artist
- Hotel transfer via tuk-tuk included
- Collect your piece after 3 days or have it shipped home (additional charge)
What To Expect
Learn to spin a pottery wheel and use Khmer carving tools to fashion Cambodian ceramics during a 2-hour workshop session. At your selected time, you're transferred by tuk-tuk on a quick ride from the city center to the studio.
There, a professional local artist demonstrates how to make Cambodian masterpieces. Under the expert eye of your instructor, have a go at the pottery wheel and mold a bowl from local clay. Once you’re satisfied with your piece, use can use a variety of special tools to add kbach (ornamentation) to your artwork. Afterward, you’re returned to your hotel by tuk-tuk.
Your pottery will be fired in the kiln overnight and after 3 days your piece(s) will be available for pickup safely packed along with a potter’s diploma, so you can display your souvenir for your friends and family back home.
If you prefer to have your pieces shipped home, it can be arranged at your own expense.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by tuk tuk
- Workshop visit
- Local guide and pottery teacher
- All art materials
- Pottery class
- Pottery demonstration
- Pottery bowl (handmade by you)
- A ‘’Cambodian Potter Diploma
- Bottle of water
- All taxes, fees and handling charges